Existing Member?

cookbook of a life

My Wanderlust Aunt

INDIA | Tuesday, 8 September 2015 | Views [201] | Scholarship Entry

I feel the essence of travelling comes when you have an inner hunger to explore. Exploring land, its people, their culture, their way of living, their thought process and their ways of expression too. Being in a country where at some point travelling is socially restricted due to security and the general thought process is socially constructed too, travelling helps in knowing and being close to one’s own self. Like the way my aunt has encouraged me to travel with her, finding solution to all the difficulties as a traveler similarly her passion moved me to make this film leaving aside all the technological barriers. I broke one by one all the disciplines I have learnt about film making and the beautiful technologies I am used to as a student of cinematography like Arri 435, Alexa. Winning the World Nomad Scholarship will open the door for me to take a big leap and experience life in a land which is less connected to the habits I am used to, thought processes I am familiar to. It will help me to observe and document a story of a land which is still a stranger to me physically. My perspective will get affected by my socio-economic and geographical conditions. It is this vision which will add flavor to my storytelling. The scholarship will train me to master the art of storytelling as a traveler and help me further to explore more strange unknown places, people and culture. Lastly i will say that i find a traveler in everyone that creates the strange sweet moments of life.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About taniamkhrj


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.