Existing Member?

destination undecided

You know nothing

CAMBODIA | Thursday, 15 May 2014 | Views [173] | Scholarship Entry

They say travel is the only thing that makes you richer but I have to disagree. Travel doesn't make you poor in the traditional sense, rather it opens your senses to the infinite possibilities the world can provide. It forces you to recognize you don't know everything, in fact, you know nothing (... Jon Snow). The first time I was faced with this shockingly obvious reality was in Cambodia. I was under the naive impression that Cambodia was nothing but an impoverished land packed with do-gooder NGOs and helpless people. Okay, so that assumption wasn't entirely false but it neglect to mention the pristine, unfaltering beauty of this forgotten country. A country who has lost and scarified so much, a country who won't forget the atrocities from their past because they won't forget their culture or their families. A country that was almost destroyed by western influence but is still happy to assist an ignorant traveler. Cambodia may provide the most unbelievable sights but to me it gave so much more... Go find it for yourself.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About talithawolfe


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.