Existing Member?

Quest for World Exploration

At last

CHINA | Thursday, 31 July 2008 | Views [295] | Comments [1]

Ni hao! I am for the first time posting from China. Today will be my second full day, and so far I'm having an absolute blast. I'm staying in the Olympic Media Village, and I feel like a rockstar. Everyone has gone above hospitable to make sure the guests are taken care of. I went to see the Forbidden City and Tianamen Square yesterday. Both are incredible. The funniest thing, though, is that -to along with the rockstar status- people always want to take my picture. I've had 10 people ask to pose with me, and probably a dozen more just snap pictures without asking. One time I was trying to take a picture of someone else, and there was about 5 guys with big cameras to my left taking pictures of ME! I thought it was hilarious. I can laugh only because I know I'm not the only one. My friends Graham and Marshall had almost as many requests. We think it has to do with us being American and wearing our Olympic credentials.

So thats the trip thus far. I think we're off to see Chang Cheng AKA the Great Wall!

Comments

1

Actually that is "Princess" status. That's one step up from rock star. They don't get to see many princesses in China so it's a really big deal. Love you and post again soon, please.

D

  Dad Aug 2, 2008 11:59 PM

About sweetenyourday


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.