Existing Member?

Snowmaking

The Leaving of louise

CANADA | Wednesday, 18 October 2006 | Views [801] | Comments [4]

Hi everyone,

After a long hard look at myself I decided to leave the snowmaking job at lake louise. One of the main reasons was money, we were expected to buy all sorts of equipment and rent the rest from the resort I would have been paying them to work 12 hour night shifts at $8 per hour at -2 to -40 degree temperatures!  I decided that it would be best to look for better work in the towns and ski whenever i wanted to. Another reason was that the town of lake louise was a 24 hour party town and i was tired of that after a few days so anyway the next stage of my adventure begins and I am looking forward to that will be in banff until 19 october then heading up to Jasper and then across to Vancouver island where I will stay with tony and look for work there.

Tags: I should have known better!

Comments

1

Hi Lee, makes sense to move on especially when they expect you to pay to work for them, anyway never did have you down as Mr Ploughman ( Homer had that down to a art), ok Son keep the info coming speak to you soon, Pops x

  Pops Oct 18, 2006 3:52 PM

2

Well done Lee - never stay with a sinking ship or a melting snowman!!!! You've done the right thing and moved on..........sounds like going to stay with Tony and finding work there is definitely a much better option - you'd have gotten bored very quickly in the Homer role I think!!

Keep us updated and good luck with the next chapter of your adventure! P.S. Mail me tony's address at dwynedwar@tinyonline.co.uk so I can post these cards to you at last...............

Loadsa love Helena xxx

  Helena Oct 19, 2006 7:20 PM

3

*Mr Plough yeah that's my name!...That name again is Mr Plough*

Hi Bro! (AKA Fatty...hehehe!)
Just to let you know I have lost so much weight since you left as I miss you so much :(
But then I turned to the nutella jar and seen the light so I am back to my usual self :)
I hope you have access to chocolate where ever you are as I know that will keep you in a positive frame of mind! I have got my last two days of Uni friday and saturday and then that is it! I can't believe it I think this is definately it now no more studies after this. Yann and I have finally deciced to go away on a holiday once i have finished Uni and our leave has also been approved so it looks like we might actually be going!!! We are planning to go on 17th November to Kuala Lumpur for 4 nights and then to Phuket for 5 nights, can't wait very excited :) We have also been invited to a wedding in KL (Liz's nephew) so that will be great to experience a Malaysian Wedding. Better go now so I can get some sleep, speak to you soon.
Love (Skinny) Little Sis
P.S. I tried to SMS you on the 'canada' mobile number but no luck so I don't know if you are able to message me and then I can just reply see if it works anyway xx 0403120022 xx)

  Joanne AKA Skinny Oct 19, 2006 11:41 PM

4

Hi Lee, a rolling stone never gathers no moss, as they say.

Life's too short to stuff a mushroom or make snow!!!

Hope you enjoy Vancouver Island and say hello to Tony from both of us x x

  RITA AND LES Oct 26, 2006 5:09 AM

About sweeney


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.