Existing Member?

RoadSide Project Team SideProject tackles its biggest adventure yet.. navigating their way across North America with only a Homer Simpson plush toy in their hands and a cheap rental car under their feet!

Flagstaff & Grand Canyon

USA | Sunday, 6 February 2011 | Views [265]

An incident free drive to Flagstaff with pretty scenery saw us arriving to warm afternoon sun and looking forward to the drive to the Grand Canyon South Rim the following day.. alas.. oh snow, why do you taunt us?? Flagstaff had been one of the few places to not see any snow this Winter.. the day we turn up.. inches upon inches of snow!! 

So our days plans were changed and instead of driving the hour and a half to Grand Canyon Village we instead took in a  movie at the local cinemas (everyone i beg you to go and see '127 Hours' an incredible film!) and wondered around our little area of Flagstaff before finding exactly what we needed.. a sports bar.. with trivia!! So our afternoon was complete with electronic trivia and plush toy skill testers..

The next day we packed our bags once again and THIS time headed towards the Grand Canyon South Rim, an extra 3 hour detour before Las Vegas but definitely a detour worth making. Except for the EXTREMELY cold wind, i think everyone should do themselves a favor and see the Grand Canyon in person.. it's not only an incredible view but just an amazing show of what this planet is capable of. Unfortunately it was so bloody cold that we couldn't spend more than 20 minutes or so taking in the view, so a few quick snaps on the camera and bloggie and we were back in Frosty on our way to Las Vegas to meet Ash!!

xx

About swatson11

Where's my biplane!?

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.