Existing Member?

As I Walk On By

Catching a Moment - Together Alone

INDONESIA | Saturday, 13 April 2013 | Views [143] | Scholarship Entry

There was a time when I fell homesick in the middle of trip. All of exciting journey, all of interesting view I should capture by my camera seems like mocked me and told me to get home as soon as possible, real soon. I hate my self for not being able to fight this feeling. I fell alone. “You don’t belong here,” I told so to my self.

I couldn’t hardly walk again, figuratively, so I decided not to walk again and stopped by in Angkringan. There was you sitting on the bench inside Angkringan, little food stall you can found anywhere when you visit Jogja, chewing bakwan and drinking hot sweet tea. Then, all I know I found my self not alone, everything is better. I went to Jogja for watching Waisyak Celebration on Borobudur tomorrow. I arrived here four days before, maybe it was too early. You came here to visit your friend, wanted to surprise him, but the only thing you missed is that friend of yours was on trip, far far away from Jogja.

The next three hours is the most boring time for the Angkrigan owner, I think. It was just the two of us talking about everything like we’re old friend left him alone with nobody to talk to. It cost me almost eight thousand for all I eat and drink, a little higher than my usual rate to eat in Angkringan, but I don’t mind. Then, like a football match, the referee blow the whistle, “Time up”, he said.

Just a little moment I still keep in mind before we separate is when you said “Thing to remember is if we’re all alone, then we’re all together in that too..” Ha! I know you quoted that from some movie, but what I don’t know is it felt really good when you have someone said a quote you like, personally to you.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2013

About svale


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.