Existing Member?

Hola South America

Paradise in Chile

CHILE | Saturday, 20 December 2008 | Views [494]

Too beautiful for words

Too beautiful for words

After a bus ride via through the beach town of Vina Del Mar an hour north of Santiago and a slightly more bumpy bus ride and a confusing cab ride we arrived at our own little paradise, a stunning beach town called Ritoque.

It was like a movie set, a gorgeous secluded beach complete with its own beach bar. Funnily enough there was actually a Chilian movie being filmed the day we arrived and the locals told us there this happens quite a bit that´s how gorgeous it is.

We were in total awe and spent the day discussing how we should move to Chile immediately and embrace the laid back beach lifestyle. Needless to say we ended up extending our stay for as long as possible and only moved on because the cosy little hostel we stayed at was overflowing!

Highlights

- Stunning sunset everyday from the Cliffs that were a 2 minute walk away. Being on the other side of the world means the sun sets over the water... amazinggg

- Beach front accommadation for less than $15US a night! coupled with the gorgeous people we met, both locals and other travellers.

Lowlights

- Arriving the first day with no food, not realising secluded literally means everything is a drive away. So wine and food donations from others who had made the same mistake was dinner for us

- Not realising the extremeness of the Chilean sun. It was soo powerful that we were all a bit sore for the next few days after (and yes mums at home we all were wearing 50+ sunscreen we promise). Apparently there is a hole in the ozone layer above Chile, but at least we learnt our lesson early!

About susegemfi


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.