Existing Member?

Around the world on budget My friend Jose and I are about to invoke on the trip of our lives. Part 1 Calgary to Mazatlan Mexico

Butterflies

CANADA | Tuesday, 8 January 2008 | Views [563]

19 days till I leave, and I have been a little emotional lately. It was a rough week with my parents, I know they they only worry because they love me, but that is making it really hard on me. My mom doesn't take these kind of things easily, by that I mean she doesn't like change in her life. Her best friend of 30 odd years just moved 7 hours away and she thinks that we both are abandoning her. I really need to find away to make her understand that I am not doing my trip to hurt her or to abandon her, but I am doing it simply to discover myself. Anyone got any ideas of how to do so????? I really need some help in that area.

Well besides all that stuff, things are going great. I am packing my bag when I have 2 weeks left here, so in like 5 days. Once the 13th comes there is no turning back for me, my ticket is none refundable and I need to get away from this place. I got my yellow fever shot the other day and I am going in for a full physical tomorrow morning, well actually in about 4 hours. Im freaking out to much to sleep right now, I know this trip is all I have wanted for the last pretty long while, well 5 years to say the truth. Its just the shock of leaving my comfort zone, my city, my friends, my family. Sorry guys Im not normally this blah but its just been one of those weeks! They can't all be good.

I have loaded myself up with little things from Canada that I can give away to anyone that I see fit, I got some really cute things. I just need one more, but its not to give out its for me to carry with me, its a soccer ball aka futball! The biggest played game in the world, Im hoping it will help get me in with the locals in some places and well keep me in shape. The only problem is I dont really know how to play soccer, never been much of a team player.

Well I should try to get a little bit of shut eye before Im examined in a couple hours.

Hasta manana

Tags: The Planning Phase

About surfveza


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.