Existing Member?

Ja's Jolly jaunt here, there and every where

Trip to the Polish pillar

VIETNAM | Tuesday, 4 November 2008 | Views [731] | Comments [1]

This morning we paid out a load of money and took a boat to a place called the polish pillar, which basically is a sea stack in the middle of the Halong bay area of Vietnam.
This pillar has two or three routes to it’s summit. We took the easiest route which was fun, a little scary but a huge adventure.
The logisitics were taken care of by the Slopony company, all we had to do was to ride in a boat, and then in a canoe, and then climb the mountain. All in all a fun trip. The rock was very sharp and a little loose.

Sonia from the moment we woke up to the moment we stepped onto the pillar was in a grumpy mood. On more than one occasion she complained to me about me in general. Hehhehehehe.

Erwin the man from Austria was a really cool and batted clean up of the route that I led. The summit was reached in about 2 hours, basically because I had to go slowly owing both to the delicate nature of the rock, and me needing to find worth while gear placement.

When we reached the summit we found it to be really, sharp but, every one was happy including Sonia. After rigging a precarious belay we raped off and took the canoes and boat to where we would be having lunch.

After lunch it was more climbing a some canoeing as well as a little swimming.

What a great day. And not a single drop of rain to be seen. 

Comments

1

You are a nomad of heaven.

I wish you find out the treasure which you

had long time ago.


Then you will be free from all the past.

Bless you.

  Jin Nov 6, 2008 8:24 AM

About supertopoz


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.