Existing Member?

Ja's Jolly jaunt here, there and every where

Final days in Korea.

SOUTH KOREA | Tuesday, 28 October 2008 | Views [453]

Met Bora for lunch, saw the exchange rate was close to 1500 won for one dollar and ran to the bank. Saw some Russians in the bank, and went for it. I traded my money on the black market. They got a good deal and I hid my exchange from the banking system.

 

I waited 30 minutes in the bank and slowly watched the currency climb to over 1500 won, but by the time I was my turn to see the tellar it dropped to 1493. But un known to me I am a VIP at the bank so I got some discount on my money. Arhh they are so sweet.

 

Right now I am trying to pull everything together and makes sure I am sorted. I see exactly why so many people travel on package tours, I have to do so much of my own paper work my could cut down a tree and still not be able to have enough paper for all that needs to be done. So I am thinking buying like a few boxes of paper and simply handing it over to officals I meet on my travels.

 

Of and my ass hurts from being done in by so many government officials bank tellers immigration officers, and so on. Me!!!! I am cash man, forget all those machines and bank cards, cash talks. You can see it feel it, and most importantly you can see when it is gone, or in my case going.

 

Store cards, bank cards, credit cards, telephone cards, stick em in me ass cards. The card operator wins. Every time, its the card issuer who wins, plus the smart people who can crack the security and steal your information. Put the money in Ya pocket and you will know what you have.

 

For no apparent reason this afternoon the lock on my bicycle feel came unlocked and fell off, I had to stop and pick it up. It came undone without the right combination being in place. 30 seconds later a mad woman cam flying round the corner in her car, I wonder if I had not stopped to pick up the lock, if we might have crashed. Heehehhe.

Strange but true.

Tags: bank, korea is dying, money, russians

About supertopoz


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about South Korea

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.