Existing Member?

Chris & Lindee see the world

Hawaii - part one

UNITED STATES OUTLYING ISLANDS | Wednesday, 18 April 2018 | Views [449]

Monday 16 April (again)

We've arrived in Hawaii!! And Chris's birthday celebrations and adventure begins.

We're super excited to be sharing this overseas break with our beautiful daughter and her man and with our wonderful besties.

After clearing immigration Hawaiian Airlines were a little slow getting our bags to us but once receied we cleared customs and met those wonderufl besties waiting for us with our driver to slip into our hotel. Too early to check in we had time to explore a little of Waikiki. Lots of tourists and lots of big labels. Then we "found" The Cheesecake Factory...Tell them it's your birthday! Your cheesecake will come served with singing. Chris loved it. We feasted and enjoyed.

Our room was ready on our (re)arrival at the hotel. From our window we look out over the Honolulu Zoo AND directly over the pink flamingoes. They were playing statues at first. Then they moved...I'm excited. Spectacular views also to Diamond Head and over the beach. The bed is comfy and the pillows are good. A good place to base our Oahu holiday.

I've been planning the birthday celebration for a while. He wanted to be sipping a maitai overlooking Waikiki. I booked us a cabana at THE MaiTai Bar at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel (the pink hotel). A wonderful evening with special people in a spectacular location with delicious food, attentive service and THE MAITAI MENU!! To finish we had (of course) more cake and more singiing!

A gentle stroll back up the beachfront and an early night for us weary travellers and an older gentleman.

Tuesday 17 April

There were some late sleepers this morning and we woke to a cloudy, windy and warmish day. A coffee for a kick start then away down the road to find some sustenance. Our first Hawaiian breakfast was at Eggs and Things. So much food! Very tasty though and everyone was very happy with their choices. With energy restored we walked...and walked...and walked. Found the Ala Moana Shopping Centre. More label shopping, drink stops...oh, and a couple of t-shirts. The pink trolley took us back to our hotel in time for a swim followed by (VERY) Happy Hour at the Tiki Bar. Can't go past a $5 maitai! Then sushi for dinner...washed down with sake & green tea. Delicious and fun!

An early night to dream about tomorrow's adventures. Could be a big day!

 

About supergg


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United States Outlying Islands

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.