Existing Member?

Chris & Lindee see the world

Cruising - Day 6 - Marseilles

FRANCE | Saturday, 11 February 2017 | Views [332]

Fishing boat in Marseilles.

Fishing boat in Marseilles.

We sailed from Barcelona under the full moon on time. After a couple of hours at sea the announcement was made that we would be returning to port for a medical emergency. We must have been met by an emergency vessel at sea. It was odd to feel no forward movement, and the quiet, of our ship in open water while they transferred the passenger. Once underway we powered our way through the night to our next stop.

Our arrival into Marseilles, despite last evening's emergency, was on time. We took our time with breakfast to avoid some of the crowds heading into port for the day. Our shuttle bus drove the 30 minutes to the old port, a busy town centre. Strolling through the streets and by the wharf led us past market stalls selling local handicrafts, beautiful flowers, and seafood direct from the fishermen's boats. I love the fragrance of the wet market, and in the open air, beside the Meditteranean, it just felt a bit special.

With the sights and sounds of another French city well absorbed, we made our way back to our bus and headed back onboard for some lunch and a relaxing afternoon.

Gala night, and we donned our glad rags for dinner in the restaurant, and our lovely waiter for the week, Bambang. Probably the most I've enjoyed eating since we left Rome.

A very satisfactory day.

About supergg


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.