Existing Member?

sunflower fields in Provence summer

Summer walk en Provence

FRANCE | Saturday, 26 April 2014 | Views [90] | Scholarship Entry

"I finally get to see endless Lavender fields! The most romantic flower in the most romantic land Provence de France." Upon arriving at Marseilles to start my road trip at southern France the idea of lavender fields keep lingering in my head. It was mid summer days in Southern France, July is the best month to see Lavender as it is the peak season in France. The sun was very kind to me it feels like kissing on the cheek. Driving down the road in Provence feels like in the movies. An hour later we arrived at one of the Lavender farms, the sky was so clear the violet color stands out perfectly to filled my camera and my heart! We lingered at the lavender fields for more time than we should and headed to Arles, where the famous Van Gogh created most of his best art works. The radio was playing some local French songs and we start to resonating with the music. Then suddenly a golden field appear in front of me! I was suddenly amazed by what I saw! It was sunflower fields! I have never seen such big sunflowers in my life! They are and bigger than me consider myself not a small girl! And they are standing up tall with such slim stems, the flower is golden color and it is so pure without any interference! The field take over my eyes and my heart immediately and all I can think about is sunflower rather than Lavender all of a sudden! With the excitement we proceed to the city of Arles. The city was beautifully built with small red houses and historical preserved buildings. We visited the famous Cafe Terrance, as I was sipping my espresso I was wondering what Van Gogh would be thinking when he stays at the cafe. What made him created so many art work that leave such a huge impact to the Art work. My mind goes far back in times I was dreaming I could travel in time just like in the movies. 20 minutes later my friends couldn't wait longer and woke me from my summer dream and we ended our day tour with lots of souvenirs, soaps, local hand made products and lots of postcards with sunflowers. The view stays in my mind for a long time and I will never forget the day I travelled to the golden area/era in France!

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About sunflowersummer


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.