Existing Member?

Streets of Rawal Pindi

Your Backyard - Streets of Rawal Pindi

PAKISTAN | Wednesday, 6 November 2013 | Views [408] | Comments [3] | Scholarship Entry

Our inspiration was to instill in our viewer the same values that they might find in their own cities, along a meandering through some long lost alley. And to find such similarities and celebrate them.
So far I have very little experience as a presenter, my entry for the world nomad scholarship is my first formal video as a presenter. But I aspire to continue my endeavors and to make similar documentaries on my own city, regarding various aspects of it.
The Filmmaker, Adil Khan, of this video, has made a few a videos for his own interests, and plans to continue film making as a career at a graduate level.
If we win this scholarship, not only will we get the chance to learn from the masters in their field of presenting and film making which is an amazing opportunity. But we would love the chance to experience the city of New Orleans, in its festive mode and to seek out narratives that could tie its urbaneness to cities that we find relatable, and to celebrate these similarities.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarships 2013

Comments

1

Hi there,

It looks like there is an error in your video. Please check into it - otherwise we can't watch it.

Cheers
Alicia

  scholarships Nov 6, 2013 2:00 PM

2

http://vimeo.com/78687316

Kindly try this link, I pasted it directly from the vimeo website
I have another query, when I was writing the description for the video, i wrote 327 word, even though the word limit was 1200 it was not letting me submit my entry saying that i went overboard with my number of words, if you could kindly consider the entire text I would be greatly obliged. I am pasting it here in this dialogue box


'Cities are of a complex nature, with myriads of hidden meanings for every individual that dwells within it and for those who are lucky enough to experience it as a tourist. And somehow, no matter how distinct all these individuals, they find something within these spaces that brings them all together to find within the intricacies of these cities some element that makes them call it home. Be it the humming of the rickshaws, the aromatic and exotic cuisine or the ephemeral conversation with an absolute stranger. And just in that instance, we cease to be anything and everything else except nomads, perpetually lost in whimsical spaces within these cities. Along these sinuously, meandering paths, meeting, greeting and then departing, taking with them a sense of nostalgia, as exotic as the next adventure we encounter. It is this intangible narrative that we sought to explore in our video.
Our inspiration was to instill in our viewer the same values that they might find in their own cities, along a meandering through some long lost alley, and to find such similarities and celebrate them.
So far I have very little experience as a presenter, my entry for the world nomad scholarship is my first formal video as a presenter. But I aspire to continue my endeavors and to make similar documentaries on my own city, regarding various aspects of it.
The Filmmaker, Adil Khan, of this video, has made a few a videos for his own interests, and plans to continue film making as a career at a graduate level.
If we win this scholarship, not only will we get the chance to learn from the masters in their field of presenting and film making which is an amazing opportunity. But we would love the chance to experience the city of New Orleans, in its festive mode and to seek out narratives that could tie its urbaneness to cities that we find relatable, and to celebrate these similarities.'

  sundas Nov 6, 2013 5:01 PM

3

Sundas, it seems the your video is working fine now. As for the essay, you were allowed 1200 characters, not 1200 words. - Alicia

  scholarships Nov 8, 2013 10:02 AM

About sundasandadil


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Pakistan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.