Existing Member?

Where in the world is Sue???

Turija

BOLIVIA | Saturday, 5 December 2009 | Views [365]

Tarija

 Tarija is the wine region of Boliva.  I arrived yesterday at 5am, woke up a hostel but couldn´t really sleep much.  I dedicated the day to catching up in my diary at a restaurant opposite the main plaza.  I likeTarija, there seems to be a lot of money around and everyone knows everyone.  The afternoon was spent getting some admin done and I decided that I would watch a movie in the evening.

 I followed the Lonely Planet directions to the Cinema.  I arrived, was ushered in, without paying.  FIRST CLUE.  So it was dark inside, lots of singing.  SECOND CLUE.  I was at a church service but it was on screen.   I was the only gringo there and I made quite the entrance.  I found it hard to leave without being notices and finally after about 40 minutes of plotting my escape, I snuck out when the ushers were occupied. But they saw me and came running after me, shaking my hand and giving me pamphlets on anti-Christ propaganda, I think, it is all in Spanish. 

 Today is the Bolivian election.  There is nothing open except for a few Internet cafes and some street food and no transport.  Tomorrow I would like to tour the wine region and then head back to Tupiza to make it to Uyini to the salt flats.

 

About sue_hood


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Bolivia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.