Existing Member?

A 'place' I have visited - Solar Smiles in Suri

Oars of Glory and Gloom

INDIA | Monday, 3 August 2015 | Views [326] | Scholarship Entry

am a dreamer, entrepreneur, wallflower and minimalist (in that order) Professionally, I'm the founder and creative director of a startup advertising and marketing agency called Cogfree (www.cogfree.com) I'm also associated with a couple of non-profits - Founder/Initiator of www.HelpPortraitKolkata.com (Help-Portrait is a global movement of photographers using their time, gear and expertise to give back to those in need.) and Leader Volunteer at www.skate.in (Teaching a group of underprivileged children important life skills like leadership, teamwork, courage and cooperation through the sport of Skateboarding.) My interests range from adventure travel, photography, filmmaking, design and startups. I humbly believe that I deserve to win this Filmmaking Assignment because my breadth of experiences, passion for storytelling and the innate desire to travel, makes me a perfect candidate for the role. I might not be the most technically adept and masterfully skilled applicant, but I can make up for that with unbridled enthusiasm and boundless energy. This opportunity would mean a lot to me as I will get to hone my storytelling and filmmaking skills which I can then bring back and apply for narrating the captivating stories of my personal non-profit projects. There are many touching human stories from Kolkata Skateboarding and Help-Portrait, Kolkata that are waiting to be told to the world and this scholarship will give me the skill and confidence to tell them with conviction.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About sudhyasheel


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.