Existing Member?

Biska's Cool Journey

My Scholarship entry - Understanding a Culture through Food

WORLDWIDE | Thursday, 19 April 2012 | Views [293] | Scholarship Entry

Since I was the 4th grade, I started to know the typical food of several cities in Indonesia or overseas, somehow I always find that different levels of spicy foods, I myself is the original western Sumatera, south Sumatera, and jambi. 3 those cities are synonymous with spicy food, so I often say my friends: " Whoa, reasonable, you like spicy without sugar, evidently you are the Padang [the capital of west sumatera] original.”

Then, the family and I moved to Bali, there was also distinctive spicy food, but in contrast to the spiciness spicy flavors of Sumatra, such as; Bulungan, rujak kuah pindang, and tipat cantok then, I must tell the seller to add some red pepper can be made spicy, besides that a lot of genuine leather seamless Balinese-smooth by eating Bulungan, originally a little bitter, but the ingredients can be mixed peppers that have been pulverized, thus appears sensation on the my tongue.

I had visited Thailand before, there is almost like the taste of food made by the native people there, such as tamarind vegetables original Indonesia, switch to the Japan, indeed I have never been there but I am working in the office right now at office belong to Japan’s native, even my both bosses are the Japan original, to the typical foods that exist in Indonesia, the ramen became one of the options menu of native Indonesia to be a lunch or diner, in general we like to mix the ingredients with the noodles especially the flavor can be united at our tongues.

So that, in Asia especially Southeast Asia like spicy commonly.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About strip_of_biska


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.