Existing Member?

bahiaboy

Bahia Boy

ARGENTINA | Monday, 7 September 2015 | Views [221] | Scholarship Entry

My video camera is an excuse. It allows me access to places and people that I may not have otherwise encountered.

Though initially interested in documentary film in high school as a tool for activism, I became enamored with the documentary filmmaking form while studying media and cultural studies in college, broadening my scope of storytelling interests.

I want to hone my technical skills, storytelling skills, and enhance the production value of my pieces. I’d like to learn how to tell more engaging stories, succinctly.The World Nomad trip to Colombia is a perfect opportunity to learn while doing from a respectable filmmaker. I would then continue to share positive inspiring stories that add meaning to my life and others.

Since 2006, I started a personal tradition to visit a new U.S. state and a new country each year. I love combining my passion for documentary filmmaking, travel, and youth to make my own videos while traveling. My dream is tell the stories of my choosing, professionally. I have so many ideas or stories I want to share and would love the opportunity to practice with a mentor and learn best practices.

In an effort to conserve space, a short list of other things I love: making lists, playing soccer, swinging on swings, on-camera lights, talking to strangers, wind in my face.

Things I don’t love: the white savior complex, running out of space on external hard drives, halva.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About strangernodanger


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.