Existing Member?

Stephanie's Adventures

Cortona, Italia: Part 1

ITALY | Sunday, 20 November 2011 | Views [301] | Comments [1]

Saturday, 11/19 @ 545pm Cortona, Italia
Here I am, in Cortona, at the last farm I will be working at. I checked out this morning at 1030am and since I didn't have to leave for the train station until 1130am, I just sat in the common room at the hostel and uploaded photos until I needed to leave. The train arrived almost an hour before it needed to depart again, so I got a nice seat early, and sat and waited. The train ride was about 2 and a half hours and I absolutely hated it. Trains are just not my thing. First of all, we had to keep going through tunnels and every time that happened, my ears popped. Then, about 30 minutes in, I started getting carsick. I was miserable, but eventually, I was off. Michaela, the lady who owns the ranch, had just arrived, and it was so nice of her to pick me up, especially since that hasn't happened before. We talked on the way up to the farm and she is super nice. She has had a bunch of volunteers before, so I won't be the first, and it seems like there is a good system set up between her and the volunteers. I met her two dogs, who are border collies and are both really sweet. One looks to be a little younger and a little nutty, because when I met him, he just kept turning in circles. I mean, it isn't like he has too much energy because he works/plays all day, so I think he's just got a little crazy in him. I was unsure about where I would be staying, but right now since there are no guest, they are letting me stay in the guest room. I have my own bathroom, my own couch/bed, and if I want to use it, a little kitchen (which I have no food so why would I use it). There are actually two rooms in the guest room, but since it costs a lot to heat, she asked me if I minded sleeping on the couch (which is like a sleeper couch). I almosted laughed, since I've been in a tent for 6 weeks. As soon as I got there though, she went back to work and told me to just rest a little. So far, we are good!

Comments

1

Just thought you should know I bought candy cane oreos today

  Holly Nov 29, 2011 5:56 AM

About stptaylor10


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.