Existing Member?

Stephanie's Adventures

Rome, Italia: Part 1

ITALY | Sunday, 20 November 2011 | Views [355]

Monday, 11/14 745pm Rome, Italia
     Today was my first full day in Rome and as much fun as I had, I am missing Le Moglie a little, or maybe just Gavin and Mariella. And since I've spent the last couple of months actually having stuff to do, having nothing to do is weird. Being a tourist again is hard, because it requires a lot of being stared at and always having to watch out for pick-pockets lol. 
     Yesterday, my trip to Rome was completely easy and fine, although I got a little car sick on the bus (what's new). I got to the hostel about 2 hours before check-in, so I went to the grocery store (I stored my suitcase) and bought food for breakfast and some snacks. I also bought some socks from the Nike store, but after wearing them today, I'm a little disappointed because they are already getting holes :(. After check-in, I kind of just hung around the hostel for a bit. I found the coffee machine and had a lot of fun getting coffee from it (it a vending machine just for coffee). It makes it right there in the machine for you, and there are like 20 choices and they are all like 50 cents. I probably drank too many because I was wired after that (it's not like starbucks.... all the coffees are only about 3 sips lol). Getting to sleep would have been hard anyways because my hostel mate cough ALL NIGHT. I wanted to shoot him. This morning, I talked to the other girl that was in there and the second I mentioned, she was like OMG. It drove her crazy, but at least he is gone now.
     This morning I woke up at the crack of dawn and got ready, but since I had no where to be, I took my time. I bought nutella and brought a loaf of bread from Sora that I had, so I had a nutella sandwich in the common area and some more coffee from the vending machine. I decided today to do the double decker tour bus of Rome since I enjoyed it so much in Paris. I also thought it would give me a better understanding of the layout of Rome since I have 4.5 more days to do stuff and I plan on walking around a lot without looking at my map. I found the bus, bought my ticket, and was off. I saw the Colosseum, all the important Ancient Roman buildings and architecture. Just as we arriving at the Vatican, which was about halfway, I noticed my camera wasn't working... the battery died. I did my frustration dance on the top of the bus, but it was only noon and I realized I had the entire day to spend on the bus since I bought a day pass. So I finished the tour and headed back to the hostel where I spent about 2 hours charging the damn thing and watching Gossip Girl. Then, I headed BACK out and took the whole entire tour again, this time getting some pictures of everything. It was good though because not only did I get my use out of my day pass, but I now feel confident in walking from several places to another place without getting lost. 
     After the tour, I walked through Termini and stopped at a British Accessory store... where I wanted to buy everything I saw. It is sort of like Claire's, but everything here was geared towards adults, not teenagers and was reeeeeally cute.... and sort of expensive (which Claire's isn't). I'll probably go back and look again and at least find some British necklace I can buy to take home. I mean, I did have an English roommate for 2 months, so it's necessary.
     But anyways, I have 4.5 days left until I head to the last farm and I guess I'll just decided what to do tomorrow... tomorrow! I know I'm going to go to Vatican City on Thursday, and dinner with the TravelinAggies on Thursday night. I also am trying to find a movie theater that has an English version of Twilight playing because if I can find one, I get to see it TWO DAYS before everyone in the US... yeah... be jealous. We will see if I can find one though. 

About stptaylor10


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.