Existing Member?

Stephanie's Adventures

Sora, Italy: Part 13

ITALY | Tuesday, 25 October 2011 | Views [290]

Tuesday 10/25 120pm Sora, Italy
     I'm sick. And I have been for the past few days. Regardless of what or why, I am miserable, and sleeping at the Moglie isn't making it better EXCEPT having Gavin Imrie as my Moglie roommate is probably the best thing about being sick. Yesterday, right after work, we were hiking back to the Moglie from Via Piana and I was telling him how after I took a nap, I was going to Sora to buy orange juice and oranges to help fight the cold. Well, my nap last about 4 hours (except I only slept for a totaly of 1 hour because I was so miserable). I woke up around 4pm and opened my tent and ta-da, there was orange juice sitting outside my door. Gavin had gone to the store to buy food and picked up orange juice for me. It might not be too big a deal, but when you have to hike back with an extra kilo on your back, it meant a lot. I don't feel better yet, but it's good to know that Gavin is my roommate as opposed to someone like Antonello.
     For the past few days, I've been sanding this stupid wardrobe, but today, I was finally given more direction and now I'm excited abotu the project. It just seems like there isn't much to do at any of the houses or farm, so Antonello has had me sanding and sanding for hours a day. Today, he finally told me exactly what he wanted me to do with the wardrobe and that he wanted all the paint sanded off, so now it is actually a task rather than a silly job. And I like not having to show up at the farm every morning and figure out what I'm supposed to be doing. Now, I hike to Via Piana in the mornings. It takes about 30 minutes instead of 10 to 15, but it's nice outside and I actually have something to do. 

About stptaylor10


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.