Existing Member?

Stephanie's Adventures

Sora, Italia: Part 10

ITALY | Tuesday, 4 October 2011 | Views [307]

Tuesday 10/4 530pm Sora, Italia
     The past few days have been boringly the same as all the days I've been at the Mogli. I pretty much wake up and within 30 minutes, I'm at the farm ready to work. In the afternoon, we play cards for about 2 hours and then everyone kind of goes their own way and either walks into Sora, takes a nap, works a little more, or reads. I have a kindle app on my Macbook, so I've been finding books to download and reading them on my computer. Then, at dinner, all the Mogli kids eat some pasta, play some more cards, and then head to bed around 10pm, or sometimes even earlier. Then I read for awhile, but otherwise I'm asleep by 11pm or midnight. 
     But the Mogli is doing me some good. For there only being 5 of us, we eat like 2 kilos of pasta at night, which is a ridiculous amount. The rest of the day, we munch on fruit, cheese, salami, or bread, but otherwise, we don't eat a lot besides at dinner. Along with that, all of us have to hike in and out each day and then do manual labor for 3 hours a day. And, we all have knife knicks, splinters, cuts, bug bits and bruises on our skin AND we are right now out of water for showers, so we are completely a mess. The term "permi-dirt" has now been coined and we are constantly using it. Pretty much, it is dirt that does come off after one wash (the dirt that gets in your skin and doesn't leave). All of us have permi-dirt on our hands and it looks like we've all been digging in the dirt and just haven't found time to use a sink. Dirty dirty kids.
     Today, I played some cards after we worked, but then Giuseppe had to go on some errands so Daniel and I went with him and for going with him, we took us by the bakery and supermarket. Usually, if we want groceries, we have to hike to town and back, so I was suuuper excited I didn't have to carry it all on my back. I ended up even getting wine! And we stopped by the bakery and I ended up getting a calzone, which I ate all of and I'm now quite content, especially since today I've had bread, jam, nutella, an apple, and a pomegranete. But, in return, I also went to get gas and had to spend about an hour with him while he got new tires. 

About stptaylor10


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.