Existing Member?

Stories for your heart

The last kiss

FRANCE | Monday, 12 May 2014 | Views [127] | Scholarship Entry

I'll never forget the day that...

It was the last night in Paris, city of undying love. We were walking along the side of The Sena. Under the lightning of stars and Eiffel tower in the backgrounds. Nothing else matters. Only that night. The only night that we needed. The olny night that we had. He showed me our reflections in water, gave me a rose from the street seller, made me laugh. He loved the way i laughed to him. And for him. He made a fool out of himself, just so he could hear my laughter. I couldn't believe my happiness. Couldn't believe that we are in the city of dreams. City of inspiration, and of course love. What I always wanted came true. We had time until midnight, just like in a fairytale. But that whole night was magical, so I weren't so sad because our story will end at midnight. I gave him the world that night. Something that he will never have again. We could hear the music of the street musicians. He reached for my hand and asked will I dance with him. I looked around myself nervously, and accepted. We danced enchanted, on the hot summer evening. We'll never forget a moment of it, even do we tried so hard. Passengers were pointing at us laughing at our silly love. They were laughing, and wanted to be us. And we couldn't care less. We had that evening. The last one. Reality was calling to us, and we couldn't run away. Time was passing, but for us it stopped and quickened at the same time. Our hearts were beating in the same rhythm. We looked at eachother trying to remember everything. Every curve, wrinkle or spot. I could literally drown in his gaze. He kissed me slowly. The most tender one he could. It was the kiss of unspoken feelings, unspoken words. The last kiss before midnight... It is the night that I will never forget.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About storytelling


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.