Existing Member?

Telling Her Stories

The count down begins!

SOUTH AFRICA | Tuesday, 14 June 2011 | Views [312]

Dear all, in three days time I will be on a bus from Midrand, Gaunteng, South Africa, to Maputo, Mozambique. Thus begins my African Walkabout: to understand my continent through Her myths, legends, personal histories and dance - all stories that conceal/reveal an identity removed from "failed independent countries" or "poor". Please feel free to follow me and to comment on my findings and help me with my research. Also go to http://africanstorygatherer.blogspot.com and/or join the group on Face Book called Documenting the Intangible (here you will find my proposal for the what I want to do). Spread the word. I need funding to carry out the project to the extent that I would like to - even R50 a month helps towards keeping me in the places for longer. So I am appealing to anyone, please read my proposal on the Face Book group or email me if you want a copy that way. I really want this project to work and it will only if I have sponsorship, no matter how small, from people who are enthusiastic about my explorations!

Tags: funding, intangible cultural heritage, walkabout

 

About storybee


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.