Existing Member?

every travel has its own story

Deceived by the Dutch Police

NETHERLANDS | Tuesday, 29 April 2014 | Views [151] | Scholarship Entry

Meet the phony police, that was not just exist in Indonesia even in Amsterdam, Netherlands. As my first time invited to Amsterdam for the comic exhibition.

One day, I had just killed my time by doing sketches in the public park near by The Rijksmuseum. I always choose the way back to the apartment with a different route. This time I took the road that was not too crowded, so quiet and calm environment.

Then, there was a strange guy that look so confuse and asked me where the Amsterdam Hilton is. I said it's too far. Then he just gave me a small pocket camera and asked me to take several pics in a quiet spot there.

Suddenly I was startled by another stranger who tapped my shoulder from behind. I was shocked, another Caucasian, big guy, leather-jacketed police looks. He asked me with a fairly intimidating tone.
He accused us of being illegal drugs trade. The first stranger was pretend look so panic, he also tried to freaking me out. The police guy asked me to check my wallet. Then, I saw him took my dollar bills and put them in his trouser pocket. Damn!

After they left me, I ask for help with fire fighters near by there. Then the real polices come in about 10 mins. He told me a lot about this fraud. Most victims come from Asian tourist, why? because they love to help each others. The good advise from the officer was, if someone is asking for your help, you can help them by show them to the police office.

The good thing was, I've been took to the police office with their new VW Golf police car. With computer on dahsboard. That was a priceless moment of my travel story. Since then, I realize that every journey has its own story. The good or bad one, it's still a good story to be told :)

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About story-traveling

Dieng - Center of Java

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Netherlands

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.