Existing Member?

myfooteprints adventures on the road

forays in the darkroom

SOUTH KOREA | Wednesday, 12 November 2008 | Views [640]

it's always a very stimulating time to be immersed in a group of strangers. that first impression, a flashbulb of insight. then, with each word spoken and gesture made, with each reaction to a thought or joke cracked, a more refined image begins to materialize. new personalities begin to develop themselves in the darkroom of the mind, slowly bringing into focus finer and finer details of each stranger's nuances. each character's idiosyncrasies. each individual's peculiar motives. soon the stranger's are strangers no more. most will be cast off into the pool of acquaintances. a few will be tossed in the bin of unrelatables or unbearables. but once in awhile some stranger will manifest an image worthy of framing. an image that is not only agreeable, but magnetic. one that draws you. perhaps even inspires you. these strangers quickly rewrite themselves into friends. it is a very reassuring thought to know that the more pictures we take, the more chances we have of walking away with that perfect image we seek. it is rarely easy to find, but it is always worth the effort.

About stonesamurai


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about South Korea

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.