Existing Member?

Harrys Big Fat Adventure

Hungover and Hiking

NEW ZEALAND | Thursday, 13 December 2007 | Views [443]

Queenstown down to the left. Probably 1/5 of the way back from Ben Lodmon summit.

Queenstown down to the left. Probably 1/5 of the way back from Ben Lodmon summit.

Thursday 13/12/07

Got up, needless to say, feeling a little worse for wear! Grabbed a quick breakfast and jumped on the net to print out my Visa. Yip, thats right, I got here without a paper Visa. Go Team! Went and made some lunchies for the trip.

Headed out to the bank armed with passport etc etc. Got an appointment sraight away. Which I thought would help the leaving early. It didn't. It took AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGES! Fair play to the woman though, she was only doing her job, and she was chatty so that helped. Finally got my account sorted and got a card.

By the time I had gone back up the Skyline Gondola and got started on the track it was 5to12. So long for an early sart on what was supposed to be an 8hour 'intense/VERY physical' return. Started off alright, nice weather for it, slightly cloudy but still warmish. About 2/3 of the way up I met Sarah, a resident Kiwi and ended up walking at her pace the rest of the way. Had good chat though, so was well worth it. Was my longest and highest ever climb, can't remember exactly what it was. It's callen Ben Lomod though. . . Anyways, got to the top. Un-fricking-believiably cloudy. Gutted. Sill, managed to get a few photos and was well worth the hike. Had some lunch a the top. Left Sarah and jogged back. Where I could when I didn't have to climb. Don't want to make it sound too easy, I genuinely was breathing out my arse for most of it! In total, including lunch, it took me 3 and 1/2 hours. My ego is BOOOOOOOOSTED!!

Got back and had a big old Sub meal for T. Couldn't be bothered to cook. When I got in the dorm, Lizzy and Holly where back. They had a few leaflets out and talked me into going Canyoning with them on Saturday. Should be a laff. . . They wern't up for going out, so we got some booze in and played cards 'till stupid O'clock.

My head HURTS my eyes are bloodshot, but I'm loving it. Hope everything is ok with everyone in UK? Should be able to get some photies up and some personal emails out soon.

Also, while I think about it, the last entries have been me typing up whats happened in the last few days. I've written all the entries so far, today, which is the 14th. . . Will try and keep it realtime now if I can.

Tags: The Whole Adventure

About stokeze


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.