Existing Member?

Living on the shores

Caiçaras-Às Margens do Brasil

BRAZIL | Saturday, 15 August 2015 | Views [225] | Scholarship Entry

Hi, I'm from Brazil and I have 30 years old.
I was graduated in Veterinary Meicine in 2009, and I worked with this until 2011, working with rehabilitation of marine animals. In 2008 I get in touch with photography and since then we started a intense relationship. What makes me in 2011 break up with veterinary and dedicate myself exclusively to it. Since then Im groing up in this and in 2012 I started to get in touch with film documentaries. Today Im finishing the edition of my first feature documentary, wich I did fully independetly, since the production to the edition, and this is about a native people who lives in the shore of Brazil and faces lots of problems related to the modern life. They are traditional fishers but they see this activities dying because of big fishing companies. Also they are loosing their lands because of real estate speculation, among a lot of other problems.
I believe that I fit perfectly with this scholarship because of this experience with my documentary. Also how I have been changing my carrer since 2011 I need more curriculum to do better documentaries and this is the perfect experience. I spoke English, Spanish and Portuguese, so the contact with the natives will be very easy. I still can say that Im a very easy going person, who loves adventures and chalenges and dont care to much about comfort. I'm a backpacker traveller, and I know already 24 countries what proves that I can adapt myself very easily to any situation.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About steppingtheworld


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.