Existing Member?

My Travels

Greece pt 1.

GREECE | Monday, 18 May 2009 | Views [402] | Comments [3]

So after a few more flights, Alex and I arrived in Athens. Having been warned that it wasn't that nice we were pleasantly surprised to find wandering through the markets, the cafes and the ancient ruins were amazing. Really nice. So then planned to come to Ios the main party island of Greece, however Athens public transport had other plans for us. Taking a leaf out of NSW public transport system it wasn't running properly. So we missed our boat and had to take the long one, 12 hours, long and boring. 

That said since arriving on Ios we have had an amazing job. We have a beautiful place to stay for the summer right on the beach and for a good rate and have got jobs at one of the bars which is heaps of fun. The people here are so friendly, the locals look after seasonal workers well and the other workers and travellers have a great relaxed vibe about them. Our biggest stress here is whether or not to ahve a second piece of baklava and the price of sunscreen (A rip off!) Other than that life ehre is so relaxing and beautiful.

Tags: working

Comments

1

I LOVE this! What a great way to do it. Pete take note! Keep them coming.

  Lesley May 28, 2009 9:16 AM

2

Hey Steph, Did you take a long boat?

are you expecting big crowds on the island? What will the situation around the 24th august?

  Mum May 28, 2009 9:46 PM

3

Hi,
Any updates?
xx

  Lesley Jun 12, 2009 5:52 PM

About stephaniejohnson3


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Greece

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.