Existing Member?

The Grand Voyage

The Grand Voyage

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 4 September 2015 | Views [186] | Scholarship Entry

To be the winner of the World Nomads film scholarship would literally be a dream come true.

Winning would be recognition that I am on the right track and that following my heart and doing what I am passionate about - works.

When I filmed my university journalism masters project in China last year, it won a couple of student awards, locally and internationally, but wasn’t good enough to be broadcast on TV.
The story was good (cancer villages in China) but my technical ability wasn’t there. I felt that I had let down the story and the people I interviewed because my skills weren’t of a high enough professional standard. I feel that my filmmaking skills are good, but can be hugely improved upon and I know that winning the 2015 scholarship, especially the mentoring would improve my work incredibly, be a huge leap forward and teach me so much.

I think that I should win this amazing opportunity because I love filming and traveling and to be able to do them both would probably make me the luckiest, happiest person in the world.

Lastly, I have a burning desire to be a documentary filmmaker and winning would add credibility to my work and give me the means to connect with more people, to give ordinary people voices and the ability to share their stories - because no matter where we live - we all have a story to tell.

Thank you so much,
Stefica

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About steficanicol


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.