Existing Member?

Surfing 50 States www.surfing50states.com

Surfing Arizona Dessert

USA | Tuesday, 20 February 2007 | Views [404]

Checked out Grand Canyon at 7am this morning for a pretty amazing sunrise! Then hoofed it to a few other top secret spots for other views as the sun crept into the Canyon - it was cold too!! Snow in the Canyon - never expected that! Cruised up to Page, AZ to try and find a boat to tow us in the Lake Powell - we asked around, and around, but no luck so we cruised back into town and had an awesome sandwich at The Sandwich Place - met the owner and before we knew it, one of Page’s first citizens and a true Arizonan cowboy, Jesse was driving us around town to find a boat. We ended up at Al’s place and he suggested a silky smooth sand dune with red rock sandstone background - we were onto it (and Al also offered a place to stay...and some awesome sausage!). We cruised 20 miles out of town and grabbed a couple of boards to see Randy and Claire (an earlier potential boat owner and his daughter from South Dakota) rock up to watch us surf the desert. We get a few fun runs in and Randy has a shot, but Claire just poses for a photo on the board. Pack up and cruise back to Al’s for some lessons in how to make sausage - elk, beef, chicken, teriyaki, habanero, etc etc. they make it, smoke it, store it, pack it and it is gooood! Jesse came around with some Mountain Lion meat (yes that’s correct - we ATE COUGAR!). 49 states surfed - redoing NEVADA (Vegas) and CALI (OC, and Ventura), then Hawai’i is our LAST STATE - Who would have thought we’d actually look like completing this Surfing 50 States thing!! Arizona Desert Warriors, JONONONONONO and STFEFEFEFEFEFAN P.S. Stefan gave himself a 5 minute haircut with $3.17 scissors he bough from a gas station - It is TERRIBLE - hahahaha - actually it’s pretty good for the time and cost - very original!

Tags: Adventures

About stefan_and_jonno


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.