Existing Member?

Letting myself go

The trunk episode

ARGENTINA | Wednesday, 14 May 2014 | Views [222] | Scholarship Entry

I have learnt two important things in my life: 1:the unplanned trips turn to be the best ones;and 2:whenever you travel with friends, you always have great stories to tell.This story is about one of the best journeys I’ve ever made and it was with my sister.She wanted to go to a concert in a different province from the one I live in within my country and she invited me.So we packed our clothes and gathered up some money and out we went.In order to go to the other province,we needed to catch up a bus,but when we arrived at the bus station the bus was already leaving,so we had to run after it or else we would have been left behind.After what felt like an eternity,the bus driver stopped and we could finally get in our way to adventure.Once I was inside the bus,I relaxed and enjoyed the beautiful view:it was autumn so the leafs of the trees were changing colour and falling.On my right I could see the extraordinary passage from green to yellow to orange to red in a same tree,and on my left the imposing mountain chain that feed and nourish South America:Los Andes.It seemed a photograph with its high peaks covered in snow and its edges cutting the sky.I guess I fall asleep,because the next thing I remember is arriving at the bus station of our destiny.We went to a hostel where we caught up with some of my sister’s friends who were also attending the concert.Then we went to the stadium were the concert was going to be in the car of one of the boys we met in the hostel.There we spent two hours singing and jumping and enjoying ourselves and,after the concert ended,we went on an adventure.My sister and her friends wanted to meet the band and they knew in which hotel they were in and how to get there,so we all entered to the car.The problem was how we did it: we were a group of ten and although the car was big,my sister and I ended up sitting in the car’s trunk.That ride was the funniest I have ever had,everyone singing and joking,telling stories about their own provinces and also escaping from the police because obviously what we were doing was not legal and frankly,a bit dangerous.When we arrived to the hotel where the band was staying it was raining cats and dogs so imagine how we looked when we met the band:all sweaty and with our hair all messed up because of the concert,and pouring water because of the rain.I have never had so much fun in my life,and even though at that moment I didn’t know how did I end up there,I would do it over and over again.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About startingthejourney


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.