Existing Member?

The Build-up!

My Scholarship entry - Through Local Eyes

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 15 October 2012 | Views [190] | Scholarship Entry

One of my closest friends was going to open his own bar after 8 years of working as anMC &DJ for various places,and I offered to film & edit the whole process.The idea was that I would produce 'The Build-up' of the bar.By that time my experience in filmmaking was from working on 4 local projects as a props master and art-director.3 times for TV stations and once on a feature length film.None of these projects was complete though,as lack of funding halfway,always put a stop to the production.The disappointment I felt was enormous.The local industry is very small.Also producing small promo videos as a freelancer for extra cash and gathering experience in the production of documentaries.These videos had to be short,storytelling and entertaining.From the comments I got from people for these videos,I realised that I was slowly building an audience for myself,but still money was an issue.These comments though,kept me going!I consider myself to be a documentarist,as I always observe what's around me,and like to follow live action.One day I want to make the documentary that will change the way the world,views the world!This scholarship will be a huge push towards that direction.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarship 2012

About stalonicolaou


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.