Existing Member?

Cycle Camino

Cycle Camino

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 7 September 2015 | Views [212] | Scholarship Entry

My love of the visual image goes back to my first photography class where I had discovered a new form of expression and I loved the manual process of creating something. I then went on to study for a MA in Visual Anthropology and my thesis film was shot with the Shuar of Ecuador exploring how gold mining has affected Shuar culture, traditions and society. My film 'Sin tierra, No somos Shuar (Without Land, We are not Shuar)' has been screened at various festivals around the world and was awarded Best in Photography from Théo Brandäo Festival, Brazil. Through the experience I learned to adapt, to be bold with your subjects while being sensitive to their needs and my technical skills developed dramatically.

I am interested in this opportunity as currently I work as a Film Facilitator with young people developing their skills but I have not had the time to develop my own films and ideas. Recently I decided I needed to focus on me and my plan has been to develop my own films further. I have a passion for documentary film and want to pursue this field with the devotion that I have showed the young people I work with. The mentorship and working with World Nomads will give me the opportunity to develop my skills further, ask questions and provide an invaluable springboard to a documentary filmmaking career. I am an extremely determined individual and demand a lot of myself professionally, I would offer this and more to this scholarship.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About staceyw


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.