Existing Member?

Wondering Feet

Day 1

VIETNAM | Thursday, 30 June 2011 | Views [334]

Wow. I haven't experienced this kind of tired probably since the last time I was in Vietnam. 

I thought that at some point an overwhelming since of holy telitos batman, what am I doing? would hit, but it hasn't. 

I rocked up at volunteer house, The Peace House, and well to be frank, it's kinda gross. The bathroom is dirty, the kitchen is not great and the toilets, well they don't flush the toilet paper. It sits in an open bin beside the toilet. Hm.. 

I am looking around the room and I do believe that I have probably chosen the thinnest mattress out of all the beds. I think I need to reassess this situation and make a claim before the next lot of volunteers rock up. 

I went for a walk through one of the villages today, which was hilarious. We were the only white people there so of course everyone is staring. We took some photo's then showed the people the photo's and which I think went down quite well. 

We walked through the fresh markets where they were selling fresh produce and we came across a woman selling dog. It wasn't just a woman selling dog, it was all freshly cut meat out in the open, of course not refrigerated and there sitting beside it was its head. With the lips all curled up around its teeth. What a sight! A photo will have to be attached soon. 
We really are way out in the sticks out here, there is no corner store or really anywhere to get food, but the big supermarket is not very far away. 
Well I am off to attempt shower number one and see what kind of an adventure that. THEN, SLEEP. 
Peace x

About stacey_brooke


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.