Existing Member?

RandomStance

First Day at the Facility

INDIA | Tuesday, 15 May 2007 | Views [381]

Why I love the client

Why I love the client

Woke up at 5 a.m. after only 4 hours of sleep... The time change continues to haunt me.  Apparently I am not alone as one member of the client took an ambien yet nevertheless woke up 4 hours later a bit dazed and the other member of the client still can't fall asleep before 5 a.m.  Regardless of time it was time to work.  We took a car arranged by the client to the facility.  Because this site does not manufacture any actual products it is located in a nice office building, a far cry from the typical client facility.  We were greeted by the very affable general manager and proceeded to conduct a full day audit interrupted only by a 1 1/2 hour lunch at a nice Indian restaurant for our share of rice, tandoor and various other Indian dishes.  All this Indian food is creating havoc with my digestive system. 

Thank God I really enjoy the people from the client, they are from the U.S. and Singapore but are just generally great people... It is actually really enjoyable to spend several weeks with them.  As you can tell from the picture, they also enjoy my dry wit. 

Given our lack of sleep and a tremendous traffic jam on the way home (apparently when they work on a bridge in India, they don't make alternative travel arrangements resulting in a 20 min drive taking over an hour!), we decided to call it a relatively early night and go attempt to pass out.  Rumor has it we will finish up a week early in which case one of the client and I have decided to travel around India during that week.  What a great opportunity that would be. 

Tags: Work

About sreisinger


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.