Existing Member?

Seeing a little Sole

Dando esta David

PANAMA | Tuesday, 22 April 2014 | Views [280] | Scholarship Entry

The evening was spent, we soon realized, in a room that was more then we’d bargained for; turns out by-the-hour rental spaces still existed, for your more then discreet activities. And we happened to be spending the evening in one.

What ensued was an evening of rampant insect removal, as we’d occasionally rise up to the challenge of destroying one of what would be several cockroaches. The following morning progressed with a cheery revival, immediate pack-up, and trek out and down to the main square heading out of town. We spent the day traveling from bus to bus, hopping off one in traffic to wait for another, eventually finding our way to a town two hours outside of David.

We waited for what was meant to be an hour and turned into three, attentively keeping a keen gaze on our luggage. Our gear was precious, can hardly blog or take photos without a camera or computer, and after having a small spat with the bus attendant we finally had the bags loaded on top of the bus. It really was a surreal moment, observing every other bag being loaded up and the bus starting, with our luggage still outside. Then getting off the bus and yelling at the attendant who sheepishly put the bags on the top rack. We settled in, and the night began to storm.

We arrived in David two hours later, on the tails of what was a giant thunderstorm. And as we unloaded, attendant grumbling, we realized we had not bothered to write down the location of our hostel. The next several hours could have gone one of two ways; it was about 9pm and we desperately ended up following a stranger into the dark, through winding roads. As we continued on, eventually finding an internet cafe, we were lucky to finally arrive safely at what was one of three hostels in the entire area; the metaphorical clouds parted as we entered the gates of the Bambu.

This travel day was one of the more difficult, and we realized a few things. One of which was to write the address down if you’re arriving late in the evening of a new city. The second was that your perspective has a large part in the outcomes of your situation; you manifest your reality.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About spiritfeet


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Panama

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.