Existing Member?

jihadists recruitment

My Scholarship entry - Seeing the world through other eyes

WORLDWIDE | Thursday, 12 April 2012 | Views [188] | Scholarship Entry

“Oh! My brothers! Look at what they have done to those innocent women and children! Look at what they have done to them!” His loud voice was as sharp as razor blade to the ears. Fat veins spread through out his neck and forehead. The fire in his eyes could burn the whole universe to ash and there will be enough left to burn hell. His body language conjured a strong resentment scene.
“My brothers! Join us! Join us to destroy this devil incarnate Asaad and his fellow demons. You are call as moslems to fight for a noble course. Join the jihad against the satanic regime in Syria. Join the free Syrian army”
As I walked out of the mosque, his voice resonates louder and louder in my ears. I suddenly stopped and gazed ones more at one of the portraits posted in the mosque. I saw dead women and children lying in rubbles and blood pools with their intestine gushing out. Out the mosque, I tried counting the number stars in the rebel’s flag which was pasted at the wall of the mosque.
For the four past months that I have been in Khartoum, I have been less concern with the outside world. This is because all the three radios I managed to get failed to speak English or French; Arabic only. The reason is the Khartoum government has issued an arrest warrant for western waves.
However, a friend had informed me that the Koffi Annan mission to Syria had yielded some fruits; that the UN Security Council and the toothless Arab league had issued the last warning for the Syrian government and rebels to lay down their weapons. This is funny! It is funny because the international community is pressurizing Asaad to disarm while the rebels are going around recruiting jihadists. The man in the mosque was trying to recruit foreign students whom are bread baskets to the parents at Africa-University. Is this not funny?

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About spies


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.