Existing Member?

Shared waters

Going 'Barefoot' in Fiji's Yasawa Islands

FIJI | Sunday, 30 August 2015 | Views [525] | Scholarship Entry

I love making films about people and the environments in which they live.

How does that relationship work and is it more strained in certain parts of the world than others?

I recently went to Fiji's Yasawa Islands to try and share a story where, I think, that relationship works brilliantly - where not only local people but foreign investors work harmoniously to protect and conserve what is around them - both on land and in the water.

My ambition is to be able to produce more of such films from across the globe to try and illustrate how we can all work together to improve the world around us (physically and socially, but in all manner of different ways) - and have great fun doing it.

This competition would provide the opportunity to do just that and I feel it would catapult what are merely ideas about awareness of social and environmental issues into something far more significant - that people around the world would hopefully sit up and take notice of.

Not only am I a passionate visual story-teller, I feel I am a truly 'nomadic' film-maker - I love travelling and sharing the stories of the people I encounter along the way. On the face of it, this would be a once-in-a-lifetime chance to carry out that passion but, more importantly, it would allow me to make a big difference in the process.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About southernlightsfilms


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Fiji

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.