Existing Member?

Born To Travelling

My Scholarship entry - Understanding a Culture through Food

WORLDWIDE | Wednesday, 18 April 2012 | Views [110] | Scholarship Entry

The heat of sun burns my skin. the yellow light in the high sky won't decrease anything. I keep visiting some restaurants in indonesia. Love Indonesian food so much!
After I ordered some food, and it's coming! In front of me right now, let me mention and make you wanna taste some!
My lunch today are roasted chicken and sayur asem. I see wrapped chicken in black sweet soy sauce and for the complement, sambal terasi! Love that spicy thing so much! Next one, sayur asem. I see peanuts, young jackfruit, melinjo, blimbi, chayote, long beans and once I tasted it, its just like cooked in tamarind-based soups. Including corn too. Then, my dessert! Another thin form of pancake. I chose mine is filled with nutella and cheese. Great combos!!! Then, I drink my mineral water. Done with my food and dragging my feet to leave the restaurant after I paid my bill. Such a great experience. My belly is full right now.
I love travelling so much. Just like an amazing thing and you can taste other country's cuisine too! The different taste of their cuisine expresses the characteristics of the country. Putting different ingredients, flavors techniques in processing expresses the taste of the author. The author's creativity acts much in making another version of the food. Just like food, the country's culture was formed by values and habits in the country. All the difference get it one and makes new one similarity.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About sorawang


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.