Existing Member?

My Travels

Activities That Have Got Me Up On My Feet

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 15 June 2018 | Views [412]

Lately I’ve been exploring some of Europe’s most exciting cities. My most recent travels have led me to Manchester, England. One thing I’ve noticed is living in a city can sometimes make you a little lazy. Getting the tram into town, taking the lift instead of the stairs and uber home from your night out. So, it’s no wonder that when it comes to the weekend we like to get out and about and enjoy activities that get us up on our feet. Some of the best activities for keeping active aren’t expensive, so there’s really no excuse!

 

Rent a bike

For summer days when the sun is beaming down on the city and I want to embrace it whilst it lasts, there’s no better activity to get me moving than a bike ride. Transport for Greater Manchester have their own cycle hire scheme meaning you can pick up your bike one end of the city and return it elsewhere. It’s been ideal for me to pack a picnic, take a ride to a park and relax in the sun.

 

Explore a museum

There’s so many things to do in Manchester if you’re staying in the city centre. I’ve had the chance to explore the local museums and art galleries. Manchester is home to the National Football Museum, a popular place to visit for families who love football. Here, you’ll discover everything you need to know about the beautiful game and keep the memories forever with some amazing merchandise from the gift shop. Then, treat yourself to some fantastic food at Café Football! Alternatively, like myself, if football isn’t really your thing, then I’ve been swatting up on some culture and world famous art in Manchester Art Gallery.

 

Food Markets

Nothing beats a Saturday & Sunday food market after a long week at work. I’ve taken time to browse some delicious food from a world of cultures, from spicy Caribbean to aromatic Asian, there’s something for everyone at a food market. And when I’ve finished sampling the tasty treats on offer, it’s lovely to take a stroll around a park to wind down.

 

Excursions

For a fun activity that’ll get you up on your feet and want to make a day of it, then consider an excursion outside the city. Chester Zoo have a wide range of species including many endangered animals, it’s a great day out for a date or with the kids. We were lucky enough to take a drive to the Lake District with so much on offer, the Lake District is ideal for those keen ramblers who love beautiful scenery and relaxing in a pub after!

Tags: manchester, sightseeing, travelling

About sophl


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.