Existing Member?

Forgetting the Past

Inner Worlds

ECUADOR | Wednesday, 6 October 2010 | Views [1041]

"Is man what he seems to the astronomer, a tiny lump of impure carbon and water crawling impotently on a small and unimportant planet? Or is he what he appears to Hamlet? Is he perhaps both at once?" I've read this quote before by Bertrand Russel and nothing could have expressed my feelings better about this journey. On my way to this beautiful country I thought about it as I was getting on the plane from Cairo. What a small planet our Earth is... I can cross it from it's far east to it's far west in a day. But meeting someone like Delphin, from literally a completely different world made me  realize the vastness of our humanity.. my humanity. The depths of our lives, our souls are far more vast than the distances crossed to meet one another. In the jungle I forgot about everything in my other life, all the people, all the work, all the plans, all the worries..they all faded away and I found myself just within myself, delving deeper and finding so many worlds, inner worlds undiscovered. And I came out of it changed, as if reborn, with confidence, inner strength, peace and a crystal clear vision of what my life is all about. And so it begins :)  

Tags: amazon, ecuador, travel documentary scholarship

About soly


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.