Existing Member?

Adventures of a Serbian study in Indonesia

My Scholarship entry - My Kind of Adventure

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 15 October 2012 | Views [184] | Comments [1] | Scholarship Entry

I am Serbian who decided to study his master studies in Indonesia. Living here is my kind of adventure, to be far away from family and friends, to change something in mine and in life of others and I’m doing it through local eyes, I am learning the national language, travel, meet people, trying food, buying local clothes, having fun with friends and through all of that I am learning about religion, tradition, emotions, art etc. Mas Yudi is my Indonesian friend and he always wanted to shoot Solo from ‘foreign’ eyes. So this movie makes us a team! He is working in International Office of my university (UNS Solo) and there he is the main guy for all creative jobs: photo shootings, making a short promo movies and all sort of graphic and Web design about studying and living in Solo.
My friends and I made short movies about positive things about Balkans last year. Then, now and in future I want to make changes possible. Creative people I meet everywhere, journeys, culture and my curiosity are helping me in that. For Mas Yudi this will be a great opportunity to grow and to develop his skills and to be one of a creative leader of this (in every sense) growing country.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarship 2012

Comments

1

That Evolution of Man rendition was gold - but seems like it was more of a "devolution" haha
Anyway really nice aesthetic in this film. Kind of seemed like more of an introduction to a feature documentary than telling a story within itself. I would definitely be interested in seeing a feature!

  jamieoliveira Oct 15, 2012 3:11 AM

About solonebo


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.