Existing Member?

Czech story

Try treasure

CZECH REPUBLIC | Wednesday, 27 May 2015 | Views [110] | Scholarship Entry

I was on a road to Austria. On a long road with transfer. I needed to wait for 5 boring hours somewhere in Czech Republic. Weather was lovely, sun was kissing peoples passing by, light wind made my heart to fly away. This flight was suddenly stopped by heavy bags in my hands. The help comes unexpectable represented by guy with unobtrusive smile. He made a proposal to put luggage in safety box. I agreed and the story began
First thing to discover was Cathedral of St. Peter and Paul. This gothic building with fabulous modeling, stained-glass window took me back to a magic middle ages for a glance. Cathedral top view shows amazing contrast between old town and iron-stone mix of modern city like time border.
Times, times, times… Speaking about the times it was high time to eat something. Czechs really makes you to spend money on food. Open windows of bakery shops with crisp smell of fresh bread, awesome refresh beer and reasonable prices entice strongly to eat and drink as much as you can.
But not the food only, after the lunch we went to wander the streets. Buskers performed vary of songs for any taste, made us forgot about time and space. “Nevermore”, – time sad to us “You should go to our bus”.
Maybe it is not the greatest story you have ever read, but the main point is: time is the main treasure spend every second of your time as bright as possible. You cannot change the past but your future is in your hands.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About sofiq


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Czech Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.