Existing Member?

Our Green Days in Africa

My Scholarship entry - My Kind of Adventure

WORLDWIDE | Sunday, 7 October 2012 | Views [2818] | Comments [21] | Scholarship Entry

We have a cause to travel. As two female travel buddies, we’ve faced so many prejudices both in our own country and around the globe because of where we travel and where we come from. We believe by travelling and being part of other people’s lives even for a short period of time, you can change the ideas and prejudices.
Our last travel to Africa was a turning point for us. We’ve shared some of our moments through Facebook by the videos we shoot there. Feedbacks we got were fabulous. The ones who watched them told us that we’ve inspired them to travel to the places they never even counted as a place to go and they’ve asked the ways to contribute to the local projects we were involved. We’ve heard about this scholarship when we were trying to get a change to make traveling and sharing it as a way of life. We believe, we have a talent and a strong willing for that. The scholarship can be a great beginning for us, we want it desperately and we’ll do our best of it. We don’t have any professional film making experience; we made that movie in the simplest way. If we win, it will not be only us who will benefit from it, also every single person we reach will benefit from that as well.

Tags: travel film scholarship 2012

Comments

1

Thanks a lot to show us the other side of the world and human society.

Looking forward to new records!

  Candas Kirnaz Oct 9, 2012 4:18 PM

2

Amazing video! Great story! It easily grabbaed my attention and interest. These kind of videos should have been shown to larger audiences.

  Emre Oct 9, 2012 11:40 PM

3

GReat video. Love to watch your videos

  PINAR GENC Oct 10, 2012 6:29 PM

4

Great video... Good Luck!

  ISIK Oct 10, 2012 8:21 PM

5

Congratulations, thanks a lot sharing your excellent experiences with us..

  Hüseyin Onur Ağan Oct 10, 2012 8:52 PM

6

You let me have an idea of the countries I dream of travelling.. Thank you and good luck with the scholarship for professional video making..

  Ömer Murat Ünsal Oct 11, 2012 1:25 AM

7

Good job! I wish all the best for you.

  Ece Kolcuoglu Tunc Oct 12, 2012 4:47 PM

8

great adventure!!!nice movie!!

  Ender Tosum Oct 12, 2012 5:57 PM

9

I really like the video and mostly affected by the interaction between you and local people. It looks like it wasn't a great adventure only for you but people were very happy to have you there as well. Congratulations.

  Berna Agar Oct 12, 2012 7:26 PM

10

KUDOs, I am waiting another great videos :)

  Murat SULUHAN Oct 12, 2012 9:14 PM

11

I like the spirit of the video, it is not a video of trip to show the shiny side of the black pearl but locals and normal life. I became jelous a bit what you ve done even i dont like to travel much :) keep up good work. that video shouldnt stand alone, we are expecting new adventures from you from different ends of the world with the videos noone did before. Good job ! Thank you ! gief moreeee !

  Murat Kom. Oct 12, 2012 9:16 PM

12

I know how they were well organized for this trip !!! Before they go there they searched a lot for every detail. Both are really good at travelling. I wish good luck :)))

  FERYAL OZBEN Oct 12, 2012 9:37 PM

13

I really enjoyed watching this. My heart goes to the people of Africa and to all the travellers who believe that they can create a fair world. Keep that spirit alive and keep up the good work! Travelling makes people beautiful and aware. Best of luck with this scholarship thing!

  Nilufer Demir Oct 13, 2012 3:51 AM

14

Very appreciate to come across this video. Thank you both for sharing this amazing experience and giving us an opportunity to see beautiful Africa!

  Ela Oct 14, 2012 9:06 AM

15

It was some consolation to me to know that you have great chance against the videos related to this topic, your unprecedented effort is inevitable. Congratulations in advance :)

  Selcuk Oznal Oct 15, 2012 5:24 AM

16

loved it...congrax on the work done!!!

  Daniel Redondo Oct 15, 2012 7:09 PM

17

Planning to go to Africa? You're advised to watch this video..
Love it! Very good job and cool music well done :)

  Ayben Oflazer Oct 15, 2012 9:44 PM

18

It was really nice to watch this video. Thanks for your sharing :)

  Sertac Kirnaz Oct 17, 2012 4:17 AM

19

zeynep it seems so, yo had a few exiting days in africa, thank you for sharing, i see you soon, than you will tell me more
ahmet

  ahmet yagmur, corner Oct 17, 2012 6:41 PM

20

Great video!!
I have to say that this video, but more specifically seeing the smiles on your faces as you play with the children, is such a joy and inspiration for many who watch... Seems like you had to chance to touch some sincerely beautiful hearts and souls there and as I watched you do so, it moved me so deeply....

  Melis Gultekin Oct 19, 2012 3:58 AM

21

What a fantastic video! Your trip is truly inspiring. Sharing your culture, through bracelets and classes with the children, must have been a very enlightening experience for everyone involved. I hope that you can travel and continue to share your experiences!

  Yael Oct 21, 2012 1:29 AM

About sofarsoclose


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.