Existing Member?

Snowy's Adventure Bangkok site seeing and treking in chang mai

8th-19th sept

THAILAND | Friday, 19 September 2008 | Views [1120] | Comments [3]

Elephant taxi

Elephant taxi

Hey there the snowy adventure begins!

I Arrived Bangkok on the 8th took a couple of dys RNR got used to the crazy Bangkok way of life. There are so many people here! They all call u over and want to sell you something or take u in a taxi or Tuk tuk. Takes some getting used to but it was all good once i got over the culture shock! I did some site seeing (check out the budda pics!) I was most impressed by the Grand palace it defo does what it says on the tin, its Grand!.

On day 4 i meet my group for north Thai tour. 3 glasgow lassies an Ozzy couple and me. We all got on great. We took a night train to Chang mai, which is supprisingly comfortable as they have beds and everything! But u know me i'll sleep anywhere! I love Chang mai esp since i'd seen enough of Bangkok and couldn't wait for Fresh air. Its chilled relaxed and green! After a 2hour taxi ride in a truck thingy that reminded me of the ghoust buster car, We started are trek way up in the hills in the cloud line! We walked for 3 hours with regular leech checking stops, Best way to kill a leech and most satisfying is to burn it! we were expecting them to bite are legs but i managed to get one on the base of my back! didn't hurt but is itchy n bleed a bit after the leech had had enough of my obviously sweet blood (no one elxe got biten!) That night we stayed in a hill tribe village in little bamboo huts on stilts! was awesome. the jungle is really nosiy, these sakaydia (cricket things i cant spell) make noises just like a fire alarm! Day two walked for another 3-4 hours to an elephant camp and took elephant taxi for the last hour of are trek to the Karen village. We stayed in larger bamboo hut together that night. The next day we travelled for 2 hours down the river to the nearest road, by bamboo raft, got rather wet but noone fell in Whoop whoop! i was sure i was gonna fall in!

Yesterday we took train back to Bangkok and said good bye to the group, and joined a new one for the south thai part of my trip endding in singapore! Group is cool we all got to know each other last night over a wee drinkies on the ko san rd. Theres 16 of us 5irish, a loud scott, 2 norwegen girls, 2 english couples and me!

Check out the pic's.

BRB with more stories n pics soon! xx

Tags: bamboo rafting and elephant riding., bangkok, treking

Comments

1

Looks and sounds amazing chick!! glad you are having an awesome time!! keep the entires and photos coming
xxx

  cazzy Sep 20, 2008 10:33 PM

2

miss you lots already, sounds like you are having a fab time. keep the updates going xxx

  sandy Sep 22, 2008 6:35 PM

3

we all love you ! dont forget about home or us =] Good to hear of the fun about your travels, sounds awesome..

take care sister, see you again soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  elaine snow :D Oct 1, 2008 3:26 AM

About snowy


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.