Existing Member?

Smith Travels

Cape Town!

USA | Wednesday, 25 February 2015 | Views [221]

The view from our patio.

The view from our patio.

We left New York (1 degree), and did our 15 hour flight to Johannesburg.  Love those international flights.  Free meals, beverages, liquor and movies.  After 3 movies and two TV show, plus two meals and a bit of wine, we landed in Joburg, as a local called it.  We were challenged in getting to our next flight as they had areas offering assistance for persons with disabilities.  John and I generally do very fine on our own, but we got messed up because we didn't have an airport employee with us every step of the way.  Goodness.  We just made our connection to Cape Town, but we now know better.  Landed, connected with our driver and off to our hotel, the 12 Apostles.  BEAUTIFUL .  We were met with a glass of bubbly and lots of comfort and support.  We overlook the ocean, the sun is shining 80 degrees or so.  So nice to finally be here.  First evening we had dinner with Lindsey Reynolds, the daughter of our friend Helen.  A beautiful and wonderful evening of food, sunsets and South African wines.  Lindsey has lived here for while and had some great information as well as incredible company.  Good start.  Now for a solid nights sleep.

 

About smithtravel


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.