Existing Member?

Uganda

Project prep - Simon

UGANDA | Tuesday, 4 December 2012 | Views [211]

So, countdown is now 6 weeks and we are in full planning stages. Have now booked flights to Kampala, passports are at the Ugandan high commission awaiting Visas and we have just had a web chat with the current volunteer in Entebbe who filled us in with details of life in Uganda.

Sounds like damp jungle, slightly cold at altitude and life in a gorilla conservation camp with occasional visits by the gorillas themselves. Helen working in the camp office with trips to track the gorillas but spending most of the time trying to westernise the charity and help them bring in more money. Me helping to train their volunteer health workers and assisting in nutrition and public health improvements.

Hoping to spend 3 months there followed by 2 months in Entebbe, a quiet lakeide town outside Kampala, Helen continuing her work in the office and me doing similar or working in the hospial or the National Research Institute, could even make some contacts at the UN.

So, what next, sorting stuff on the home front, renting ou the flt, moving house, finishing work and packing stuff ready for 6 months in Africa. Sounds like we need lots of games. Also might try to learn some Ruchiga before we go (the local dialect). This weekend of to London and Harry Potter world as well as a few nights out, the last bits of civilisation for a while, then Christmas and away.

 

 

Travel Answers about Uganda

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.