Existing Member?

Aussie Traveler

Documentary Scholarship 2011 entry

WORLDWIDE | Wednesday, 15 June 2011 | Views [1242] | Scholarship Entry

I love stories. There is something about words that have so much power. Words take you places, share emotions, bring change. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. I think video is worth 10,000 words. I also love to travel. Each place, each person I meet adds a new perspective to my world. There is so much to see, experience and learn!

Filming helps combine the best of both of my interests. Travel and stories. I have no formal training, just a passion for being creative and capturing moments on film. I have some work experience filming weddings, concerts and conferences. I am a big believer that getting among the people and going 'local' is the best way to experience a culture. I found that many people thought the same. The stories that came from the interviews were amazing! I wish I had hours to tell them all.

Winning the scholarship would be fantastic! It would give me the opportunity to see more of my country. and also have the chance to improve my skills under the mentorship of Trent O'Donnell- an opportunity that doesn't come every day.

This is my story…but maybe it is yours too.

Tags: #2011Video, Travel Documentary Scholarship 2011

About smcwilliam

At St Peter's Basilica, Vatican, Italy

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.