Existing Member?

Sharing the World Shannon and Rob´s Europe Journal

Sweet Home Sevilla

SPAIN | Friday, 3 February 2006 | Views [951] | Comments [4]

We really lucked out with our apartment in Sevilla.  Our only stipulation when looking was to find a place with a roommate who speaks Spanish.  Brad, our roommate, is actually a New York native who has been living in Sevilla for 13 years.  He does speak Spanish fluently and after 2 weeks of taking Spanish classes here, we established a “let’s only speak Spanish rule” with one another (okay, we cheat sometimes).  The daily practice is definitely necessary!  Another bonus to living with Brad is that he has a dog (Little Bear) that we have “adopted” as our own. 

Through Spanish classes, we have finally begun meeting some people.  Since our place is a little roomier than most, we have hosted get-togethers at our apt with a Spanish “theme”.  Our first was a movie night where we watched a movie in Spanish with Spanish sub-titles.  Everyone brought cheese and wine to share.  We also had a tapas night where we tried to recreate some of the appetizers we have eaten since living here.  We ended up with a yummy spread of food.  The only down-side to this is that most of the people we have met through our Spanish class are only in Sevilla for 4 weeks (just long enough to finish the course).  However, now that our Spanish is getting stronger, it’s getting easier to communicate with native Spaniards.   

Our Apt. is on the top floor of the yellow building

Our Apt. is on the top floor of the yellow building

Tags: Party time

Comments

1

HI!!! I love the pictures! And that dog is sooooo cute! We miss you guys. Im glad you are having a great time! I look forward to reading about your adventures! *HUGS and KISSES* Denise

  Denise Feb 3, 2006 9:44 AM

2

Can I come stay with you? I like yellow!

  Jes Feb 3, 2006 9:55 AM

3

We were surprised to see that Spain is so beautiful. The architect is great. Wish we could see all that, that's why we would love to go to Italy to see all the churches and architects. Happy to see that you two are having a great time. We miss you and love you. Be careful and take care. Keep in touch. Love you guys, Grandma & Grandpa.We'll check in again at Joyces. Bye!!!!

  Grandma & Grandpa Feb 6, 2006 10:18 AM

4

OH MY Gosh!!! It's all sooooo beautiful. I'm so excited for you guys...what an adventure. I'm sure never a dull moment. I'm glad you guys are living it up. I'm very jealous, yet happy for you both. Please continue with the journal & photos. Have a great time & be safe. PS. Maybe you guys can meet up with us in the Greek Isles?? Love, Sofia

  Sofia "the Greek" Mar 4, 2006 3:15 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.